Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We're baaaack...12 weeks!

I am finishing up my 12th week of pregnancy. I can't believe it. I'm so excited to be considered in the (somewhat) 'safe zone'. I'm feeling great! Our biggest milestone to date is that we had our second appointment and our NT Screening, which included TONS of pics of Baby S! We actually weren't even due for another ultrasound yet, but my doctor is a lively fella and asked us if we wanted to do one! Another big part of this appointment was hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing, but also really scary at first. She was moving the probe all around my lower belly, and we weren't hearing anything...but then she hit the sweet spot and there it was! So amazing. A strong 169 bpm. Andy really loved hearing it and it was so fast! The first trimester screening wasn't bad, a little exhausting because the Dr. was running an HOUR behind. When we finally got in there, the appointment took about 30 mins. He explained to us what he was looking for and started the ultrasound. Many times he asked me to cough or move around to get the baby into other positions. It was kinda like a little game, watching baby bounce around in there :) We got a normal reading for the NT behind the neck and he also said the bloodflow and cervix look great. Oh, and by the way, both Dr's said they think we are having a....BOY! Our OB said he is only 70% certain because it is still early, so I will keep everyone updated!
How far along?: 12 weeks
How big is baby?: baby lime :)
Weight gain?: Dr. said about 3lbs, but I think it's more like 5!
Maternity Clothes?: not buttoning any of my jeans, and still using the BeBand. All my shirts I thought were 'long' are dwindling.
Stretch Marks?: not any new ones
Sleep?: Sleeping good.
Best moment this week?: Ultrasounds and seeing how much baby is growing!
Movement?: huh?
Food cravings?: Canned Ravioli's and Spaghetti-O's. Cheeseburgers and french fries :)
Aversions?: chicken! I dont want anything to do with it.
Gender?: Both Dr's said BOY!
Belly button in or out?: innie
What I miss most?: Doing any physical activity without feeling the pain of my sciatic nerve shooting down my leg!
What I'm looking forward to?: having a true 'baby bump' and not just pudgy-ness. Of course, when I get one, I'm sure I'll complain about being huge :)
Milestones: Seeing the growth baby has made and watching baby kick and turn in there!


Do you see anything?




Aww, lounging around.





3D Image - kinda cool!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity