Thursday, September 29, 2011

my two favorites

IMG_4660My baby girl loves her “da-da”. She just beams when she sees him, always looks for him in the room, and just about everything he does is funny. Daddys do all sorts of fun things that mommys don’t. Like making HUGE waves in the bathtub that results in a lake on the bathroom floor (I’ve been wondering why our scale stopped working).
IMG_4696
They push you faster than mommy does, and yell louder when they pop out from around the corner for a “BOO!”. They are rougher, tougher, and faster than mommys are and there is no doubt about the fact that Daddy= jungle gym time.
IMG_4693
I have loved watching my girl with her dada over the past few months. They have such a special bond and I can’t wait to watch their relationship morph and grow over time.
IMG_4699
IMG_4700
Part of me can’t wait to holler “settle down!” from the kitchen as dad and Pea get too rowdy in the living room. My role as a mama is to constantly remind Andy “she just ate”, or “she’s too little for that”, or “no, she doesn’t want to wrestle you”. I’m working hard already to serve my role as ‘fun-sponge’ as my mother would say. Us mamas can find the danger in anything.
IMG_4681

Tree swing? Er… are you SURE you got the highest quality rope? …Did you ask about it?… Have you ever done this before?

::rolls eyes::

Well- I’m just wondering because I really love her and all.
IMG_4685

But I’m sure he already knows that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity