Thursday, April 21, 2011

mama's got this

The groove. I'm starting to get it. Starting to feel just right. This motherhood thing is a crazy rollercoaster, and just when you've got it right, it throws you a left hook again. But for this moment, I'm going to say that I feel good. Don't get me wrong, there are a million transitions going on, constant worries, more busy-ness than I can normally handle. I have cried, lost my marbles one too many  times in the past 6 months, but been the happiest, most proud, most full of love mommy in the whole world. Yeah, I said 6 months. [We'll address that later] I knew it would feel good, but I never thought I'd want to just bite those little cheeks ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. And kiss those lips. And smell that breath. Oh man. Nobody could have explained to me how hard motherhood could be; but nobody could have explained to me the feeling of motherhood, either. The intense LOVE that you have for your little lumpa lumpa squishy joy.

Feeling fresh in the form of retail therapy and spring flowers.
Renewed love for motherhood comes when you still have time to slip in some blueberry pancakes before the princess wakes from her slumber.


You can't replace moments like this.

She has a very busy schedule. Exhausting, really ;)

 Girl is wanting to sit up and crawl. Forget the rolling over stuff :)

 
I love your little rolly wrists and your cankles. And your fat toes. And the way crud gets stuck in between your fingers. And your new lean-into-mommy's-shoulder-with-shyness when somebody talks to you. I just love ya!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity