Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Sharing this post on a day that we are celebrating Christmas with one side of the family. Today it begins. I will watch my girl open gifts in delight and experience the anticipation of Christmas like I did when I was little. I can’t wait to breathe it in, freezing the moment for as long as possible.

What I will remember from this Thanksgiving is this year:

I felt more like an adult and a family than ever before. We hosted dinner at our house and were so happy to finally have the room and the entertaining space to do so. Setting the table with mom’s linens and using cloth napkins is such a lovely, grownup thing to do. Putting together a centerpiece and really paying attention to making the experience nice was refreshing and fun. We thoroughly enjoy using our house to have our friends and family over.

I did not burn the turkey. I cooked my first one and it actually turned out pretty tasty. Of course, we had Andrew’s awesome smoked turkey again, but my rosemary buttered turkey was juicy and perfectly cooked. Hence, the reason why there are no photos of our feast. I can only have one great achievement per day, you know.

That family is supposed to be together. The holiday forces everyone together and for good reason. We always enjoy ourselves so much. (I’m not going to say that I haven’t entertained the idea of a resort Thanksgiving far away.)

IMG_3176IMG_3175

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity